interVivos and our community rely on the local businesses at the heart of them. 2021 has been a tumultuous year for Edmonton businesses with the impacts of COVID-19. These small businesses need our support more than ever as they have had to pivot.
Local businesses provide character and individuality to a community. They benefit their local communities in many concrete, quantifiable ways. Specifically, if you spend $100 at a local business, roughly $68 stays within the local economy.
Here are some easy ways you can support local:
- Buy gift cards for friends, family, or your own use in the spring
- Write a positive online review
- Engage with their social media posts
- Post about them on your Instagram story or TikTok
During the Fall 2020 mentorship program launch, participants shared their favourite local business names. Check out the list below. You might discover a new gem in your backyard that you can support during the holiday season and beyond.
We have also included our remarkable Fall 2020 program sponsors in this list. The interVivos board has even added their picks.
- Audrey’s Books
- Bountiful Farmers’ Market
- E & J Watch and Jewellery Repair West Edmonton Mall (Program Sponsor)
- Find Edmonton
- Haiku Lane
- Italian Centre Shop
- KEYLIME Athletic Wear
- Majesty and Friends
- Mood Consignment
- Old Strathcona Antique Mall
- Royal Bison Art and Craft Fair
- Sugared & Spiced Baked Goods Inc.
- The Prints and the Paper
- The Traveling Tickle Trunk
- Wild Prairie Soap Company
Restaurants and Cafes
- Chianti Cafe
- Confetti Sweets
- Corso 32
- Doughnut Party (Program Sponsor)
- Drift Food Truck
- Duchess Bake Shop
- Farrow Sandwiches
- La Patrona
- Ninja Noodle
- Northern Chicken
- Red Star
- Remedy Cafe
- Rge Road
- Roasti Coffee Co.
- Situation Brewing
- Super Flea Market
- The Artworks
- The Common
- Tres Carnales Roztiado
- Turquaz Kebab House
- Yelo’d Ice Cream & Bake Shoppe
Other Amazing Businesses
- Altitude Investments (Program Sponsor)
- Canajan Inc.
- Champs Boxing Studio
- Coffee Ring Studio (Program Sponsor)
- Evolution Wonderlounge
- Face Ginch
- Frank Lee’s Muay Thai Kickboxing Gym
- Headlines Salon
- INCITE (Program Sponsor)
- JGR Communications (Program Sponsor)
- Leaders International (Program Sponsor)
- Park Power (Presenting Sponsor)
- Rock Paper Shears
- RSM Canada
- Ruby Gorgeous Salon
- Samson Native Gallery
- Soni Dasmohapatra (Program Sponsor)
- Token Bitters
- VSM PHOTO (Program Sponsor)
Want to explore more? Check out the local loves of our Fall 2021 participants here.
Check out our blog post from Fall 2021 that featured some fantastic local businesses shared by other mentorship participants.
Are you a local business wanting to connect with mentors and protégés? We accept support in ways such as venue space, audiovisual equipment, live streaming capabilities, catering, and event prizes such as gift cards. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us more about how you can help!